You can prep the components of this pasta salad in advance -- toss together just before serving. The spicy arugula, creamy goat cheese, and a touch of Dijon mustard give the dish plenty of flavors.
- o Coarse salt and ground pepper
- o 3/4 pound gemelli or other short pasta (GF use GF pasta)
- o 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- o 3/4 cup crumbled fresh goat cheese (3 ounces)
- o 3 tablespoons olive oil
- o 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- o 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- o 1 bunch arugula (8 ounces), torn
- o 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente. Drain pasta and rinse under cold water. In a large bowl, toss pasta with beans and goat cheese.
- 2. Make dressing: In a bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, and mustard and season with salt and pepper. (To store, refrigerate pasta mixture and dressing separately, up to 1 day.) To serve, toss pasta mixture with dressing, arugula, and onion.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market