- 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes (about 5 cups), diced unpeeled
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 4 tbsp grated Parmesan
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking place buttermilk and milk into a small saucepan and cook over a very low heat until just warm. Be careful not to boil or milk will curdle.
- Drain the potatoes, add the warmed milk and mash together to desired consistency. Stir in cheese and salt. Top with the butter and let it melt.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market