This recipe has gluten free notes.
- 1 loaf of bread. (GF use Domata White bread)
- We donÄôt recommend wheat bread generally though honey wheat is pretty good as french toast. Cinnamon Raisin Swirl is to die for, or a challah bread works too. A loaf of day old french or italian is also best as french toast.
- Break up bread in half pieces.
- 9 eggs
- 3 cup egg nog
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Pour over bread if youÄôve already placed in the crock pot. I was worried I find out the next day that not all the bread had gotten saturated so I dunked my pieces individually and layered them. IÄôd recommend this if you are using a hardier or more stale bread. Set crockpot to lowest setting. Cooking takes at least 6 hours.
- In the morning you will find a fluffly, bread pudding-souffle like breakfast. Remove the lid about 15 minutes before its done and it will brown and toast. Serve with warm syrup!! Serves 6 depending on how hungry your guests are.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market