- 6 chicken legs and thighs, skinned and trimmed of fat
- Skim or low-fat milk for soaking the chicken
- ½ cup plain dry bread crumbs or cereal crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes, crumbled
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- Vegetable oil spray for the chicken, if desired
- Place the chicken pieces in a shallow bowl or pan, and cover them with the milk.
- Let the chicken soak for 15 minutes or longer (refrigerate, if necessary, to keep the ingredients cold).
- In a shallow bowl or pie plate, combine the bread crumbs or cereal crumbs, cheese, parsley flakes and pepper.
- One by one, dip the soaked chicken pieces in the breading mixture, coating the chicken on all sides.
- Set the coated chicken pieces on a greased baking sheet, preferably one with nonstick surface.
- Lightly spray the chicken pieces with vegetable-oil spray, if desired.
- Bake the chicken in a preheated 375° oven for about 45 minutes.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market