Makes 6 servings
- 2-1/4 lbs. racks pork baby back ribs
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. celery seed
- 1 large onioncooked, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup plus 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tsp. chili sauce
- 1/8 tsp. hot red pepper sauce, or to taste
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to temperature 450°F. Place ribs in a large roasting pan and cover with next 3 ingredients and 1 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce. Roast uncovered 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in a heavy saucepan over medium high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally and set aside. Remove meat from pan.
- Reduce oven temperature to temperature 350°F. Discard excess fat from pan. Return meat to pan and bake another 1-3/4 hours, basting with sauce every 15 minutes. Add water to sauce if it gets too thick.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market