- 4 lbs fingerling sweet potatoes (peeled and cut into coins)
- 1/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp dried leaf sage, crushed
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme, crushed
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine, cut up
- 4 slices bacon, crisp cooked and crumbled
- Fresh sage (optional)
- Place sweet potato slices in a 5 or 6 quart slow cooker. In a small bowl stir together orange juice concentrate, the water, brown sugar, salt, the dried sage, and thyme. Pour over sweet potatoes; toss to coat. Dot with butter.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 or 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Before serving, stir potatoes to coat; sprinklewiht bacon. If desired, garnish with fresh sage.
- TO MAKE AHEAD: Prepare as directed through step 1. Cover and chill for up to 24 hours. Continue as directed.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market