Makes 2 servings
- 2 whole rainbow trout, dressed, filleted, fins removed
- 2 green onions, tops trimmed, cut into1 inch pieces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp dry vermouth or dry white wine
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 (10 oz) bag baby spinach
- 1 clove minced shallots
- 1 clove minced garlic
- Heat oven broiler. Place trout fillets skin side down in a single layer in an ovenproof skillet or pan. Scatter green onions over trout; season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour in orange juice and vermouth; sprinkle with dill. Heat over high heat to a boil.
- Transfer skillet to broiler; cook until fish is opaque and firm to the touch, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add shallot and garlic. Cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Add spinach, salt and pepper to taste. Toss spinach with tongs until wilted and heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Remove fish to two serving plates.
- Taste sauce; reduce briefly over high heat if sauce is watery; adjust seasoning as desired. Drizzle sauce around trout and spinach.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market