Makes about 2 cups
Tasty Sauce is excellent with Gooseberries Homemade Brats, especially JoshÄôs Pick - our Mushroom Brats!
- 1 medium Bermuda onion
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small green pepper, seeded, chopped
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 cup each: catsup and barbecue sauce
- Peel and quarter onion and cut in thin slices.
- Heat oil in medium saucepan. Add onion and green pepper; cook until limp, about 5 minutes.
- Peel tomatoes, cut in half crosswise and squeeze gently to remove seeds. Chop coarsely and add to pan along with catsup and barbecue sauce. Cook gently until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold. Can be made up to 5 days in advance and refrigerated.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market