Makes 2 servings
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 4 (6 ounce) fillets cod
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour for coating
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Warm oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- In a bowl, whisk together egg and milk. Coat cod fillets with flour; shake off excess. Dip cod in egg mixture; allow excess to drip off. Coat cod with oats.
- Place fish one at a time in hot oil; fry about 2 1/2 minutes, then turn over, and fry about 2 1/2 minutes more. Remove to paper towels. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market