This recipe is gluten free
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Butter
- 1 ounce shallots (1 medium), chopped
- 1/2 ounce ounce garlic (4 medium), chopped
- 1/2 cup cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 6 cups cooked yams, cut in chunks
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup 100 % fruit apricot spread or apricot
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. In a small saucepan, on medium-high heat, melt Earth Balance® Vegan Buttery Stick and add shallots and garlic; boil 3-minutes, stirring occasionally. Lower heat to medium, add orange juice and lemon juice; cook for 2 minutes. Reserve 3-tablespoons of buttery mixture to pour on top of casserole; set aside.
- Pour a little of the remaining buttery mixture into a 2-quart casserole dish. Place yam chunks into dish and roughly mash with a potato masher while incorporating the remaining buttery mixture and lemon pepper into yams
- In a small bowl, mix pecans, apricot spread, orange marmalade, pumpkin pie spice, and clove until well mixed. Spoon nutty mixture on top of the yams. Pour the reserved 3-tablespoons buttery mixture on top. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and hot throughout. Enjoy serving this super healthy side-dish!
- Tip: To cook yams, peel and cut into 1-inch chunks. Place yams into a stock pot and cover barely with water. Bring to a boil, cover and steam until tender ~ about 15 minutes. Drain.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market