- 2 tbsp. butter
- 3 ½ cups fresh corn kernels or frozen corn kernels
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- ½ cup red bell peppers, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups Monterey jack cheese
- ½ tsp. cayenne
- Crispy Tortilla Chips
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the corn, salt, and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the kernels turn deep golden brown, about 5 minutes. (The corn will make a popping sound as it cooks.) Pour the corn into a mixing bowl.
- Melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter in the skillet.
- Add the onions and bell peppers and cook, stirring often, until the onions are wilted, about 2 minutes. Add the jalapino, and garlic and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, or until the vegetables are softened. Pour the mixture into the bowl with the corn and let cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the mayonnaise, 1 cup of the grated cheese, and the cayenne to the corn mixture and mix well.
- Pour into an 8-inch square baking dish and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake until bubbly and golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve hot with the chips.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market