Makes 7 servings
Gluten Free Soup
- 3 Pounds Asparagus
- 1 Cup Shallots
- 2 Boxes (8 cups) vegetable broth
- 1- large jar marinated artichoke hearts drained
- salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Dash of Cayenne Pepper
- 2- Tbsp olive oil
- First bring 4 cups broth to a boil. While this is happening, separate asparagus into three parts. The woody ends, the tips and the middle. Place the woody ends in the broth to boil for flavor.
- Chop middles and reserve for later. Reserve pretty tops for end. Boil until woody ends are tender. Remove with a slotted spoon. Reserve broth in blender or food processor.
- In pot add olive oil, shallots, middles of asparagus, artichoke hearts salt, pepper and cayenne. Saute over low heat until asparagus is tender. Add aspargus, shallot mixture to broth in blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy. Place asparagus tips on microwave safe bowl and heat with two tablespoons broth for 2 minutes.
- Pour soup from blender into pot and add softened asparagus tips and cayenne pepper. Add remaining broth to desired constancy. Check for seasoning, salt and pepper to taste.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market