Makes 6 servings
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus
- Olive oil, for skillet
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 6 boneless New York strip steaks (1 inch thick)
- In a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag, combine oil, lemon juice, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Add steaks to bag.
- Press the air out of the bag, and seal tightly.
- Turn the bag several times to distribute the marinade; place the bag in a bowl and refrigerate 30 minutes, turning bag occasionally.
- Meanwhile, make the tarragon melting sauce below.
- Heat a large oiled skillet over medium-high heat. Remove steaks from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Place 3 steaks in hot skillet; cook 4 to 5 minutes on each side or to the desired degree of doneness. Remove steaks to a serving plate, and keep warm.
- Repeat process with remaining 3 steaks. Top each steak with 1 to 2 tablespoons Tarragon Melting Sauce.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market