Makes 8 servings
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp coarse black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 New York Strip Loin
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Dry the meat with paper toweling and rub the garlic over the roast. Rub the roast with the olive oil. Salt and pepper all over, pressing the salt and pepper with your hands so it adheres to the meat.
- Allow the roast to stand at room temperature for one hour. Set the roast on a rack in a roasting pan (fat side up) and put into a 450 degree F preheated oven for 15 minutes (be sure oven is preheated).
- Turn oven down to 350 degrees F and continue roasting until your meat thermometer reads 120-125 degrees F for rare (about 30 minutes), 125-130 degrees F for medium-rare (35-40 minutes) ,
- 135-140 degrees F for medium (about 40-50 minutes).
- Remove the roast from the oven when the desired temperature is achieved and please remember, the roast will continue to cook for a short time after it is removed from the oven.
- Tent the roast loosely and let stand 15-20 minutes before slicing .
- Slice the roast into steaks using a very sharp carving knife.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market