This recipe is gluten free
- 1 kg new potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon English mustard
- 600 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 squeeze lemon juice
- 2 cups watercress
- Gently boil the potatoes in salted water until tender.
- Drain well and leave to cool slightly.
- Make the mayonnaise by whisking together the egg yolk and English mustard in a bowl.
- Then add the olive oil very gradually, drop by drop Äì once you've blended in a quarter of the oil, add the rest a little more quickly, whisking all the time.
- Pound the garlic with a pinch of salt in a pestle and mortar and add to the mayonnaise. Season with sea salt, freshly ground black pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Slice the cooked potatoes in half and dress with the garlic mayonnaise.
- Turn the cress punnets on their sides and slice the cress stalks near the base.
- If the cress is a bit dirty, give it a good wash before folding into the dressed potatoes. Then tuck in and enjoy!
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market