- 1 cupall purpose flour
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal
- ½ upc white cornmeal
- 2 tbsp. essence (plus extra for seasoning)
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 6 (6 to 8 oz.) catfish fillets
- 2 cup vegetable oil
- Mix together ingredients for Essence.
- In a third dish beat eggs and milk and salt. Dredge catfish 1 at a time first in the flour mix then into the egg mix and third into the cornmeal mix, shaking off any excess.
- Heat about 1 cup of oil in large cast iron or sauté pan. Fry fish in small batches and cook until golden brown about 2 - 3 minutes per side. Remove and drain on paper towel season lightly with essence. Top with lemon caper tarter sauce.
- Serve with Lemon Caper Tarter sauce (see recipe in list)
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market