- 1 bottle red wine
- 1 package Lipton onion soup mix
- 2 pound beef tenderloin
- In a saucepan, dissolve the onion soup mix in the wine. Heat over medium heat, stirring to combine.
- Place beef in a large Ziploc bag. Pour half of wine mix into bag over the beef. Place other half in refrigerator. Marinate beef for at least 2 hours. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Sear beef in frying pan over medium-high heat, then place in roasting pan in oven. Pour remaining wine mixture over beef. Cook for 25 minutes per pound for medium rare.
- After removing from oven, place beef on a platter covered with aluminum foil. Reduce pan drippings over medium heat to make a tasty gravy.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market