Makes 4 servings
- 2 pounds Certified Angus Beef ® ground chuck
- 6 ounces BoarÄôs Head sopressata, thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp olives, chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced (buffalo if available)
- 4 large leaves romaine lettuce
- 4 large crusty rolls, sliced in half
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bake sopressata in a 300°F oven for 45 minutes until crispy.
- Combine olives, olive oil, and garlic; set aside.
- Form four patties with ground chuck. Season with salt and pepper and grill the burgers slightly more rare than desired doneness. Top with mozzarella and continue grilling until cheese melts.
- Spread olive mixture on both sides of roll. Place the lettuce, burger and sopressata on bottom bun.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market