Makes 6 servings
- 1 egg plant
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cups tomato, chopped
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Peel egg plant & cut into ½Äù slices.
- Beat egg and add milk. Dip egg plant slices in egg mixture and then coat with cracker crumbs. Fry in a small amount of vegetable oil until golden brown on both sides.
- Place slices in a greased shallow baking dish.
- Brown onion in a small amount of vegetable oil and add tomatoes, salt and pepper. Add 2/3 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Pour the tomato mixture over the egg plant and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 20-30 minutes or until egg plant is tender.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market