- 1 1/4 cups unbleached all purpose flour (GF use domata or Jules)
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tbsp (or more) ice water
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tsp instant espresso powder
- 4 ounces high-quality milk chocolate (such as Lindt, Perugina, or Valrhona), chopped
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- Special Equipment
- 1 13 3/4x4 1/2-inch rectangular tart pan with removable bottom
- Crust; Blend flour, powdered sugar, and salt in processor. Add butter; using on/off turns, blend until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add 1 tablespoon ice water; process just until dough begins to clump together, adding more ice water by teaspoonfuls if dry. Transfer dough to 13 3/4x4 1/2-inch rectangular tart pan with removable bottom. Press dough onto bottom and up sides of pan. Freeze crust 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, position rack in center of oven and preheat to 375°F. Bake crust until golden brown and cooked through, about 30 minutes. Cool crust completely in pan on rack.
- Topping; Combine cream and espresso powder in small saucepan. Bring to simmer over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until espresso powder is dissolved. Remove from heat. Add chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Spread chocolate mixture over caramel. Sprinkle with cacao nibs. Chill tart until topping is set, about 1 hour. DO AHEAD Can be made 2 days ahead. Cover and keep chilled.
- Remove tart pan sides. Place tart on platter; cut crosswise into 8 bars and serve.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market