- 1 1/4 lbs mild Italian sausage; use our bulk Italian sausage or remove casing from hot Italian sausage
- 1 1/2 cups celery, sliced
- 4 cups fresh tomatoes, peeled, cut in wedges (save juice) or
- 2 (28 ounce) cans tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups tomato juice
- 1 1/2 lbs zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 2 green peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces
- mozzarella cheese, Shredded (for garnish) or parmesan cheese, grated (for garnish) or romano cheese (for garnish)
- Brown sausage in large, deep saucepan. Add sliced celery and cook for 15 minute.
- Drain off fat. Add tomatoes, tomato juice, zucchini and seasonings. Simmer, covered for 20 minute.
- Add green peppers, summer an additional 15 minute. Garnish with cheese. Serve with French bread.
- Note: For more liquid, add tomato juice (And I would use garlic cloves instead of garlic salt, if you like garlic).
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market