Makes 2 servings
- 2 (8 ounce) beef rib-eye steaks, cut 3/4 inch thick
- 1 tsp steak seasoning
- 3 thick slices bacon
- 2 tsp butter
- 1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 8 ounces small mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tbsp crumbled blue cheese
- Prepare an outdoor grill using charcoal briquettes stacked 2 to 3 deep. Season the steaks on both sides with steak seasoning.
- While the charcoal heats up, fry the bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove from the skillet and drain on paper towels. Leave grease in the pan.
- When the charcoal is covered with gray ashes, put the steaks on the grill. Cook for 12 minutes, turning once, or to your desired degree of doneness.
- While the steaks are cooking, stir the butter, Worcestershire sauce and mustard into the bacon grease. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until butter has melted. Add the red bell pepper and mushrooms; cook and stir until tender.
- To serve, place steaks onto plates. Top with bacon, then blue cheese and then the vegetables. Serve immediately.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market