- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 2 1/3 cups cantaloupe cubes (about 1/2 melon)
- 2 1/3 cups honeydew cubes (about 1/2 small melon)
- 2 1/3 cups watermelon cubes (about 1/4 small melon)
- 3 cups fresh blueberries (about 1/12 half-pint baskets)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- Combine 1/2 cup wine and sugar in small saucepan. Scrape in seeds from vanilla bean; add bean. Stir over low heat until sugar dissolves and syrup is hot, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let steep 30 minutes. Remove vanilla bean from syrup.
- Combine all fruit in large bowl. Add mint and remaining 1 cup wine to sugar syrup. Pour over fruit. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours. (Can be prepared 6 hours ahead. Keep refrigerated.)
- Spoon fruit and some syrup into large stemmed goblets.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market