- 1 ½ - 2 lb. Fresh Walleye Fillet, scaled skin on and deboned.
- 3 tbsp chopped Peppadew peppers
- 3 tbsp chopped green and black pitted olives
- 2oz. plain soft goat cheese ( Chevre )
- 2 tbsp lemon flavored olive oil or plain olive oil with 2tsp lemon zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp slivered roasted almonds
- In a skillet over med high heat add flavored olive oil. While oil is heating up season fillet with salt and pepper.
- Once oil is heated about 1minute place fillet skin side down, sauté for 2-3 minutes. Turn fillet over remove skin with a spoon and fork and season with salt and pepper.
- Sauté for one minute and add olives and Peppadew peppers sauté for another 2 minutes. Remove from pan onto plate spoon olive mixture over fillet, top with roasted almonds and dollop fresh goat cheese on top.
- Serve with a nice pinot gris, or sauvignon blanc.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market