- 4 pounds golden creamer or dutch marble potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 bay leaf
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- Put the potatoes into a large pot, add the bay leaf, 2 tablespoons salt and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain them well and remove the bay leaf. Meanwhile, heat the cream and butter in a small saucepan. Put the potatoes through a ricer or food mill into a bowl.
- Add the hot cream and season with salt and pepper. Mix together with a spoon and add the chives.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market