Makes 6 servings
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) sliced button mushrooms
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large sauce pan melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrot & thyme, sauté for 5 minutes or until onion is just translucent.
- Add Broth and mashed potat0es to vegetables. Stir until potatoes are mostly dissolved and broth is smooth.
- Add turkey and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes or until heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market