Makes 4-6 servings
- 1 bulb garlic, unpeeled
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 2 pounds potatoes, rinsed and quartered
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- Sea salt, to taste
- Ground pepper, to taste
- Chives or green onions, minced (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Slice 1/2 inch top off garlic bulb and drizzle with olive oil. Wrap in aluminum foil. Bake until garlic is soft and golden, about 45 minutes. Remove from oven. When cool enough to handle, peel garlic cloves, mince and set aside.
- In large pot, add potatoes and cover with water and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until tender, about 15 to 25 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and force through a potato ricer or mash potatoes until smooth. Mix in Parmesan and garlic. Cover and keep warm.
- Heat half-and-half, butter, salt and pepper in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until butter has melted.
- Pour over potatoes and continue mashing to combine thoroughly. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Garnish with chives or green onions. Serve immediately
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market