- 3 lbs. Yukon gold or red potatoes , peeled (if desired) and cut into 2-inch pieces. (9 medium potatoes)
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2/3 to ¾ cup milk, whipping cream, half and half, or light cream
- In a large sauce pan cook potatoes, covered, in lightly salted boiling water for 20-25 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Press through a ricer, mash with a potato masher, or beat with an electric mixer on low speed. Add the ¼ cup butter, the salt, and pepper. Gradually beat in milk to make mixture light and fluffy.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market