Makes 6 servings
- 6 pork loin chops, centre cut, boneless are best (2 lbs)
- 3/4 cup chili sauce or ketchup
- 8-10 shallots, peeled, cut in half
- 3-4 garlic cloves, peeled, cut in half
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Trim fat from pork chops. Place in single layer in 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- In bowl, combine chili sauce,shallots,garlic, vinegar, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, mustard and oregano, Pour over chops.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 hour or for up to 8 hours. Cover and bake in 350°F oven for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake, spooning sauce over chops occasionally, for 15 to 30 minutes more or until tender.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market