Makes about 2 ¬O cups
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries (about 8 ounces), rinsed
- 1 cup pure maple syrup (preferably grade A dark amber)
- 2/3 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup maple sugar or (packed) golden brown sugar
- Combine all ingredients in heavy medium saucepan. Stir over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until berries pop, about 4 minutes. DO AHEAD: Can be made 3 days ahead. Cover and chill. Rewarm over medium heat before serving over cheesecake.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market