About your mango: This salad will work with almost any variety or ripeness of mango, whether sour or sweet. Use the one you can get, or that you enjoy the most. In general, a firm, not overly ripe mango holds up best .
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 2 limes or about 6 Tbsp bottled lime juice
- 1 - 2 tps. hot sauce or hot chili paste or more to taste
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 ripe mango cut into strips (ripe but not too soft)
- 1/2 small head purple cabbage shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk together honey, olive oil, lime juice, and hot sauce.
- Add parsley, cilantro, mango and cabbage.
- Toss well to combine.
- Chill for at least one hour or overnight.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market