- For blue-cheese lovers only. For best results, use Maytag or a Danish blue cheese.
- 1 pound spiral tube-shaped pasta
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add flour. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly (do not allow to brown).
- Gradually whisk in milk and cream. Simmer until mixture thickens slightly, whisking occasionally, about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Add grated cheddar cheese and 1 cup crumbled blue cheese. Whisk until cheese melts, about 2 minutes. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add cooked pasta to sauce; stir to coat. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup blue cheese. Bake until sauce begins to bubble, about 25 minutes. Sprinkle
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market