This recipe contains gluten free notes.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour (GF use Domata)
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. poppy seeds
- 8 tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. lemon zest
- 1 large egg
- For the glaze:
- ½ cup confectionersÄô sugar
- 1-2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and poppy seeds. Set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Mix in the lemon zest and egg until blended. Mix in the dry ingredients on low speed just until incorporated.
- Drop balls of dough onto the prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until cookies are set and just beginning to brown at the edges (do not let the tops brown). Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack set over wax paper to cool a bit before glazing.
- To make the glaze, whisk together the confectionersÄô sugar and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Add more lemon juice if necessary, just until the glaze has reached a consistency good for drizzling over the cookies. Glaze the cookies and let the glaze set before serving. Store in an airtight container.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market