This recipe contains gluten free notes
- For the crust:
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (GF use Domata)
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- For the filling:
- 6 extra-large eggs at room temperature
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest (4 to 6 lemons)
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (GF use Domata)
- ConfectionersÄô sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- For the crust, cream the butter and sugar until light in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- Combine the flour and salt and, with the mixer on low, add to the butter until just mixed.
- Dump the dough onto a well-floured board and gather into a ball. Flatten the dough with floured hands and press it into a 9 x 13 x 2-inch baking sheet, building up a 1/2-inch edge on all sides. Chill.
- Bake the crust for 15 to 20 minutes, until very lightly browned. Let cool on a wire rack. Leave the oven on.
- For the filling, whisk together the eggs, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and flour.
- Pour over the crust and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the filling is set. Let cool to room temperature.
- Cut into triangles and dust with confectionersÄô sugar.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market