- 2-3 cups chopped cooked turkey or chicken
- 1 can cream of celery or cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 package herb stuffing, croutons, or box of stuffing mix, or leftover stuffing
- 4-8 Tbsp butter*
- 1/2 cup water or chicken broth*
- 1-2 cans or 1 small package frozen green beans
- 1 cup of dried cranberries
- Shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- chopped celery (optional)
- chopped onions (optional)
- Place turkey on the bottom of a greased casserole dish. Layer beans on top of turkey. Mix soups with milk, onions (if using them, cook in the microwave with some butter for a minute, it softens them up), celery and cheese and pour over beans. Make stuffing and put on top of the soup mix: If using dried croutons or stuffing, melt butter and mix with broth or water. Mix this with the stuffing.
- *VARIATIONÄîif using boxed mix, prepare mix as directed including flavor packet and donÄôt use the listed amounts above. You may want to use less butter and less water for a more crunchy topping.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. If using frozen beans youÄôll need to bake longer, possibly at 375. You may add 2 cups of noodles to stretch the recipe.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market