- 4 sausages (beef or pork)
- 1 pound potatoes
- ½ pound carrots
- ½ bell pepper (recommend red)
- 1 large onion
- 1 fennel bulb
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp oil
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 ½ tsp Italian herbs
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Peel the potatoes, wash them and cut each potato in four pieces. Peel one large or two smaller onions and cut them in wedges. Remove the base and stalks of the fennel and turn that one into wedges as well. Slice ½ to 1 bell pepper in strips. Place everything in a big roasting tray.
- Use a big bowl to combine the oil with the Italian herbs, grated or chopped garlic, and chicken broth. Pour this mixture over your veggies and toss them around a bit. Season with a generous amount of sale and cracked black pepper.
- Cover the tray with aluminum foil and pop it in a preheated oven. Bake at 450 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- While vegetables are cooking, brown the sausages (do not need to cook completely, just brown). Slice each sausage in half.
- After 45 minutes, the potatoes and vegetable should be fork tender. If they are not, cover the tray with foil and pop them back in the oven until they are tender. If they are fork tender, place the sausages in the tray and pour the balsamic vinegar all over the top. Place the tray back in the oven, uncovered for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Take it out after 15 minutes, flip over the sausages and ladle some of the juices at the bottom over the vegetables and sausages. Put it back in the oven for the remaining time, until everything is nice and brown.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market