- 1 ½ pound ground beef
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2- 15 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1- 15 0z tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1- 15 ounce can light kidney beans with liquid
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can navy beans with liquid
- 1 tbsp chili powder or to taste
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp coarse ground black pepper or to taste
- 1/8 tsp hot pepper sauce (if desired)
- Place the beef in a skillet over medium heat, and cook until evenly brown. Drain.
- Place the beef in a slow cooker, mix in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and molasses, add onion, green bell pepper, garlic, and all beans. Season with chili powder, salt, cumin, basil, oregano, black pepper, and if desired hot pepper sauce.
- Cover, and cook 6-8 hours on Low.
- Suggested toppings: Cheese such as Cheddar, Monterey Jack, Pepper Jack or Mozzarella. Diced Onion. Sour Cream
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market