- Basic Recipe for every 2 cups Mashed Potatoes:
- 3 slices Bacon; cooked & crumbled
- ½ cup Onion;chopped
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Milk
- ½ cup Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Green Onions - finely chopped
- Salt & Pepper - to taste
- Cook bacon, drain reserving 2 Tbsp. drippings. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan cook the onion in bacon drippings until softened and golden.Add chicken broth & milk. Blend in mashed potatoes and stir until lumps are gone. ****
- Bring soup to a boil, then lower heat and add cheddar cheese, stirring until melted and smooth.
- Mix in green onions and crumbled bacon, stir until heated through but not boiling. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- After step 3, add leftover veggies turkey and or gravy . If soup is to thick add more broth or milk
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market