This recipe contains gluten free notes
- The recipe calls for an 8 x 8 square baking pan.
- 1 1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs (GF use SÄômorables)
- 2 T. sugar
- 1/2 c. sweetened, flaked coconut
- 1/3 c. melted butter, melted
- 3 cans sweetened, condensed milk
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 3/4 c. key lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. grated lime zest
- Whipped cream and toasted coconut for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8 x 8 square baking pan with parchment paper, overlapping the paper over the sides to create handles for later. Mix crumbs, sugar, coconut, and butter in a bowl and press into the pan; bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove and cool slightly.
- While crust is cooling, make the filling. In a bowl, add the remaining ingredients: sweetened, condensed milk, sour cream, lime juice, and lime zest. Whisk to combine until smooth and creamy. Pour on top of crust; bake for 8-10 minutes until firm to the touch but not browned at all. Cool at room temperature, then chill completely.
- Top with some homemade whipped cream and toasted coconut.
- (to toast the coconut, line a baking sheet with parchment paper; spread a thin layer of sweetened, shredded coconut on top, and bake at 350 degrees for 3-4 minutes until it's lightly golden brown)
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market