This recipe is gluten free.
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces sliced pancetta, diced
- 1/4 cup Champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small head radicchio, shredded
- 1 8-ounce bunch kale, stems discarded, leaves shredded
- 2 tart yet sweet apples, sliced into thick matchsticks
- 3/4 cup pecans, toasted if desired
- Combine the olive oil and pancetta in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until pancetta is golden and crispy. Strain the pan drippings into a small bowl and leave the crispy pancetta off to the side to cool. Add the Champagne vinegar, maple syrup, salt and pepper and whisk well.
- Combine the radicchio, kale, apples and pecans in a large bowl. Toss while adding the dressing, little by little, until salad is well dressed. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Garnish with crispy pancetta.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market