Makes 6 servings
- 1 Baguette cut into 3/4 inch discs
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1/2 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon minced chives
- 2 oz Olive Oil
- 1 piece Joan of Arc¬Æ Horseradish Gournay
- 1 Tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 Cups ripe tomatoes, diced into 1/4 inch cubes
- Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- In a mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, chopped parsley and chopped garlic. Using only a small amount of the mixture, rub the outside of the bread so the crust is completely flavored. Cut the bread into discs (croutons) about 3/4 inch thick.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and fresh basil to the remaining oil mixture and mix well. Season lightly with salt to taste. Brush both sides of each crouton with the seasoned oil mixture and arrange on a cookie sheet. Lightly season with salt and pepper and place under preheated broiler to just lightly toast or brown.
- To Finish: Remove from oven and while still warm apply a good even coating of the Gournay Horseradish cheese. Place 1 tablespoon of the tomato mixture on top of the croutons with the cheese while still warm.
- To Serve: Season with fresh cracked black pepper. Arrange on a serving tray. Serve immediately.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market