Makes 4 servings
- 1 lb Gooseberries Bulk Italian Sausage
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes in puree (1-10 ¾ oz can)
- 1/2 lb chopped frozen spinach (1-10 oz box), thawed and drained
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, ground
- Pecorino Romano cheese, for garnish
- Cook sausage in a soup pot and break the meat up with a fork as it cooks. Add in rice, beef broth, tomatoes and black pepper and bring to a simmer.
- Cook 12-15 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in chopped spinach and let simmer for a few minutes.
- Ladle soup into soup bowls and garnish with freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market