Makes 6-8 servings
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 pkg frozen spinach
- 1 medium can diced tomatoes
- 1 can diced tomatoes with chilies
- 1 large jar California roasted peppers
- 2 tbsp Cajun spice, or to taste
- Mozzarella cheese, finely shredded
- Bread sticks or garlic bread
- Brown all sausage, crumble, then drain. In a crockpot, combine next 6 ingredients with sausage, adding enough water to nearly fill crockpot.
- Cook at least 6 hours on low. Serve with topping of grated mozzarella cheese and bread sticks, or garlic bread, on the side.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market