Makes 4 servings
- ¼ cup Sun-Dried T0mato dressing
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 lb.)
- 2 large red peppers, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans 14 ½ oz. each, Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups instant rice, uncooked
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil
- Heat dressing in a large skillet on medium heat. Add chicken, peppers and garlic; cover. Cook 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through
- Stir occasionally and turn chicken after five minutes. Remove chicken from skillet; cover and keep warm.
- Add tomatoes and water to skillet. Stir in rice and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes. Meanwhile combine cheese, chopped tomatoes & basil.
- Return chicken to skillet and sprinkle with cheese mixture. Cover and cook 5 minutes or until chicken is heated through and cheese is melted.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market