- 6 cups day-old crusty peasant-style bread, cut or torn into bite size pieces
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into small wedges
- 3/4 cup red onion, sliced
- 10 fresh basil leaves, shredded
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives, halved
- 1 cup mozzarella, cut into bite size pieces
- Preheat oven to 400F. In a large bowl, toss bread 1/3 cup olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic. Lay bread out on baking sheet and toast in oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Remove bread from oven and cool slightly. Whisk together 1/4 olive oil and vinegar to make vinaigrette.
- In large bowl, stir together bread, tomatoes, onion, basil, olives and mozzarella until the salad is combined. Stir in vinaigrette. Let salad sit for about 20 minutes to allow bread to absorb dressing and for flavors to blend and serve.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market