Makes 4 servings
- 1/2 Pound Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, Sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 Large Ripe Tomatoes; Sliced
- 1/4 inch thick1 cup Fresh Basil Leaves
- Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Drained Capers (optional)
- 1/4 cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- In a circular design around the side of a serving plate, alternate fresh mozzarella slices on a larger plate (or on individual plates for single portions) with sliced tomatoes, overlapping for effect.
- Tear fresh basil leaves and sprinkle liberally over the slices. Add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Sprinkle Capers over the top.Just before serving, drizzle on some excellent extra-virgin olive oil.
- Note: Insalata Caprese should not be allowed to sit in oil for any length of time and become soggy. No vinegar of any kind goes on Insalata Caprese.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market