Makes 8 servings
- 1 1/2 lb fresh bulk breakfast sausage
- 1 pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Original Bisquick mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 eggs
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease rectangular baking dish, 13x9x2 inches.
- Cook sausage, bell pepper and onion in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Stir together sausage mixture, potatoes and 1-1/2 cups of the cheese. Add Bisquick mix, milk, pepper and eggs; stir until blended. Pour into baking dish.
- Bake uncovered 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 1 to 2 minutes longer or just until cheese is melted. Cool 5 minutes.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market