Makes about 12 cups
This make-ahead recipe combines mashed potatoes with cream cheese and sour cream. The mixture is refrigerated and baked as needed.
- 5 lbs white potatoes
- 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese
- 1 12 oz carton sour cream (about 1 1/3 cups)
- 1 Tbsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp white pepper (or to taste)
- Peel potatoes; boil in salted water until tender. Mash potatoes; beat in all other ingredients. Cover and store in refrigerator.
- To reheat, put as much as you want or need in a buttered casserole dish. Dot with butter and bake at 350F until hot, 30-60 minutes, depending on how much you are heating.
- Chef Mike Note:I take them out of the oven when they are just starting to lightly brown around the edges.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market