- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 chicken legs, skinned (4 oz each)
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- Lime wedges and parsley to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a 13" by 9" baking dish with vegetable cooking spray.
- Set aside. Place egg whites in a shallow bowl.
- On a sheet of waxed paper, combine cornmeal, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Mix well. Dip chicken legs, one at a time, in egg whites, then dredge in cornmeal mixture, turning to coat.
- Arrange chicken in prepared dish and bake for 20 minutes, turning once.
- Drizzle with lime juice and bake until juices run clear when meat is pierced with a fork, about 10 minutes.
- Place chicken on serving plates, garnish with lime wedges and parsley.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market