- 3 1-inch long strips lemon peel
- 3 inches stick cinnamon
- 1 tsp whole cloves
- 4 cups cranberry raspberry juice blend
- 2 cups apple cider or apple juice
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Cut a 6-inch square of cheesecloth. Place lemon peel, stick cinnamon, and cloves in the center. Tie closed with kitchen string. In a 3 1/3 to 5 qt. slow cooker combine spice bag, juice blend, apple cider, the water, sugar, and lemon juice. Stir to dissolve sugar.
- Cover; cook on high-heat setting for 3 1/2 to 4 hours. Discard spice bag. Keep warm on low heat setting for up to 2 hours. Ladle into mugs. Garnish with pats of butter and, if desired, additional stick of cinnamon. If desired, add rum to taste.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market